Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Anniversary!


Today is my ONE YEAR Wedding Anniversary! Wow, time flew! It was not hard but it wasn't easy either. It's all about learning how to co-exist with another individual as peaceably as possible! We both got into this with the view that divorce was not an option. So basically we have no choice but to make it work. He was an answer to my prayer and I must always remember that! We knew each other for over 15 years, and for the last 6 years before we got married, became best friends. I knew I wanted to marry him because the things about him that were annoying, I decided I could live with. I also came to the conclusion that there wasn't anyone in this world I would rather spend the rest of my life with. Today is our One Year Wedding Anniversay. On to the next year!

5 comments:

T said...

Happy Anniversary Girl!!

Dyani said...

Thank you!

See My Hair Grow said...

The first year is so special! Congrats to you both!

LaQT said...

Congratulations!Happy Anniversary! Was that first year as tough as they say it is?

Dyani said...

Yes. It is difficult because a rythmn has to be established. I had to learn what I do that annoys and hurts him (and vice versa for him), and then make a conscience effort not to do it anymore. The most important thing is communication! If something is done that annoys or hurts your feelings, you should speak up and communicate it. So that it can be out in the open and rectified. Never assume anything either! Things aren't always what they appear to be. Men and woman are not wired the same! We think differently on alot of levels! Sometimes you have to agree to disagree!